Thursday, April 28, 2011

Master.


Just a few examples of beautiful pieces of 'Japanesque' Silver at the Met that I talked about in my Oral/Thesis Exam yesterday. I am very happy to feel like a true scholar again, and am eternally grateful to the professors, curators, and friends that helped me through this grueling process.

It has been three years in the making, and I have found a lot of pieces of myself along the way. At the end of the exam, the head of the Smithsonian/Cooper-Hewitt program said it was an important moment for me, because I was no longer a student, I was now a COLLEAGUE.

I am my no means the first person to do it, and I don't feel very different, but today, I HAVE A MASTERS DEGREE.

1 comment:

Swirl said...

Little Redbird,

Sincere congratulations! This is a really BIG deal and it cannot go unacknowledged.

I have followed your blog for some time but have chosen not to offer comments, lest I alter your escritorial flow (at least I imagine being conscious of an audience might have some effect - good or bad, I cannot know). But I would be remiss to pass up this chance to say "well done" or, at the very least, quote the Kybalion: the lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of understanding.

A scholar, a master and a damn fine writer. Brightest blessings on your day!

Winey