Tuesday, January 4, 2011

new, NOW.

I have been reading back through these past couple years of writings,,,, and find it extremely poignant and reassuring to find common threads, recurring obsessive subjects, lists of rocks, minerals, soils....alchemical formulas, shards, pieces strewn, bits collected off of the path.

I have found all areas of interest concentrated (the last couple of years, but sudden NOW) in WINE, of all places. I have found an equal response of pressure and resistance between this subject and my WILL. I want to isolate the parts of this subject that resound,,, the parts that are commensurate with my poetic nature-- not even nature exactly, with my specific, and poetic recognition of minutiae in a glittering world.

I am willing to step off of cliffs, and drop into this new dark. I am excited about the landscape that is constructing in bits around me,,, I am excited about mica schist, about the kimmeridgian crescent of shells and fossil chalk soil, about licorella and light off of mica in black dirt.

These are beautiful things, and what I am building on right now. I am not a weak or silly person. I am not stuck with my head in the clouds. My feet are on the ground, firm, and I am focused with a shale-edge of intent, (JUMP)ing into the new landscape of my LIFE.

No comments: