Friday, May 8, 2009

rock list

There is a spot in my chest, when pressed, that tells me to gather all still and thin-pricked moments from my past and press them together, coagulating wetly in their fresh glue, shining and lacquered as any white-glazed structure, (a church spire seen over a distant hill).

The small bone voice tells me:

Firstly, that pieces of experience un-examined rattle away like marbles indefinitely in a cage. They must be recombined into a uniform, if scaffolded matrix (something like the shell of an egg seen magnified 200 times).

Secondly, it might do me well to better my scientific vocabulary (the chemistry of binding things, wet seals, connective tissue, white hairy strands)

Thirdly, do not be afraid to gather images like rocks across a path, and present them (wrapped shards) as a list.

1.wheat
2.black lava rock with embedded crystals
3.bright strawberry fruit
4.yellow gelatin sunlight
5.melon seeds wrapped in their pack
5.bird-calls like waves on a black beach
6.yellow light on their shaggy coats

No comments: